COVID-19 Caution Compulsory.
This morning (17th March) the Council of the 500MRCI Ltd were discussing whether to cancel our first race meeting on Saturday 28th March 2020. The general consensus was that the NHS in Northern Ireland is already under great pressure due to the COVID-19 virus and during the next few weeks this is going to get worse. We felt that it would be irresponsible to deflect medical personnel from other vital duties during this time. Our race meeting would be cancelled. We were about to make this decision public when Motorsport UK issued the following directive.
While the decision was ultimately taken out of our hands, we are fully in support of Motorsport UK’s action.